The Groom’s 90 Day Wedding Checklist
A Guide to the Perfect Wedding
Well first, congratulations. You’ll be getting married soon and you’re more excited and nervous than you’ve ever been. Fear not: we’re here to help make sure you’re feeling ready by the time the big day rolls around.
The 90 day mark is when things start getting down to the wire. By now, your wedding plans are likely well underway: the venue is booked and the budget is set; the groomsmen and bridesmaids have been successfully wooed and won; the limo, officiant, and DJ know where to be and when to be there; your passports are up to date; you’ve even booked the honeymoon suite, flights, and other accommodations.
Now it’s just a matter of staying focused on those final details …
- Finalize the guest list. Together.
- Send wedding invitations.
- Schedule a Fitting for your custom wedding suit or tuxedo. When you attend the Fitting, don’t forget to bring your wedding swatches, scrapbook ideas, Pinterest board, bride-to-be, and creative energy…this is the fun part!
- Buy thoughtful gifts for your groomsmen. And an even more thoughtful gift for your bride.
- Schedule the rehearsal dinner and over-communicate with the wedding party from here on out.
- Book a room block for your out-of-towners.
- Write those vows. Or at least a good first draft.
- Remember that killer wedding suit you designed? By now the tailoring is done and you’ll need to attend a Second Fitting with your Personal Clothier, to ensure the fit is perfect.
- Wear the wedding shoes often enough to break them in.
- Get your teeth whitened, so you look extra good in those wedding photos!
- Double-check everything.
- Get a shave and a haircut. Get your shoes shined.
- Practice the vows. And practice them again.
- Write a reception speech, and practice that too.
- The Rehearsal Dinner … take it seriously.
- The Bachelor Party … take it easy.
The Day Of
- Write a heartfelt note to your bride. Enlist some help in smuggling it to her.
- Put on that wedding suit. It looks amazing on you.
- Get married.
- Send thank you cards. Hand. Written.
- Put that suit in a garment bag. Read up on suit care.
- Wear it whenever you need to look sharp.
- Life just got so much better. Enjoy it.
Wearing a custom suit or tuxedo is the surest way we can think of to feel confident on your big day. At Tailor Cooperative, we thoroughly enjoy the process of designing and crafting wedding suits, and welcome you to schedule a fitting to visit our shop and discuss the vision for your wedding. We hope we can help you look your best on your upcoming wedding!